Pages

My Music

Catherine%20PapworthQuantcast

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 2...

I ran 4 miles today in 38 minutes.  I haven't run over 3 miles in at least a year.  Minor accomplishment to some, but 4 miles at 4,549 feet without my inhaler--because unfortunately I suffer from exercise induced asthma--was quite a feat.  A "mile"stone if you will...ha, I'm bad with puns.  

So I ran up at Rock Canyon Park: one loop is 1/2 mile.  I find the route quite splendid.  There are two hills followed by straight-aways and a gorgeous view on both sides.  For being one who usually hates monotonous running in circles, I quite enjoy it.  Today there were a couple groups of teenagers ice blocking, playing frisbee and picnicking on the interior of the trail as I ran and by my 7th lap apparently they took notice and sent a chestnut-haired boy over to run with me and all snickered at this daring maneuver.  Needless to say, I couldn't hear him because my music was turned up so loud.  And despite realizing that he was probably going to say something incredibly stupid, I turned down my music and was ready to remark on how it must be really hard to be cool these days, 9th grade is the pits, (which would have been quite the insult...since he was clearly in the 10th grade), when he said:

"How is your run?"
me: "Good" *pant*
"Oh well, uh, umm, my friends thought this would be funny...er...well, bye"

His tone was reluctant and at that point I figured the sarcastic comment about the 9th grade would have just rubbed in the fact that he had just realized he'd been peer-pressured into acting like an idiotic prick.

The rest of my day has been spent reading a book on the life of Chopin, while listening to his 24 preludes out on my deck, and engaging in the all too favorite past-time of exposing my skin to damaging UV rays in order to look like an aborigine.  Well, the shade of one.

Off to go finish unpacking my room (I've only been here 2 weeks) and get all set up so I can start mixing Noteworthy.  I can't start on anything in there until everything is put neatly in its place...blame the OCD in me.  

Until next time,

C

2 comments:

Tara : Damon : Ellis : Hudson said...

way to go runner!!! i'm linking your blog on mine too... sorry i didn't do anything remotely active yesterda-i was a lame-o.

Courtney said...

ya for stupid 9th graders. sounds like you are having tons and tons of fun tho. i miss you dearly.