Pages

My Music

Catherine%20PapworthQuantcast

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Early morning intuition

I awoke this morning after only 5-6 hours of sleep (WHAT?! I never do that) and began my 3 page "morning pages"--or stream of consciousness writing. I'm reading a book called "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron and I recommend it to EVERYONE. okay...though that is great information, it's not the point. It wasn't until I had only one or two lines left on my three pages that my consciousness drew out exactly what I needed to tell myself today...what was most vital. It may have been the scarcity of the page or the clearing of whatever else needed to be sorted through in my mind but at the very end of my mind blurb came the words: Follow your heart.


I went to write this as my status on facebook, but it was too long, so here you go:




As cliche as it sounds I am reminded this morning how important and necessary it is to follow your heart. You (I won't say always) usually know what's best. You usually know what it is you really want. You usually know what you need to do (though it may take you a little while to figure it out) and you will almost always only waste time by avoiding what your heart has been telling you all along (your heart being your soul, intuition, true self...not your vain desires and lust.)



"So...that's pretty cool." Peace and blessings and most of all LOVE.

2 comments:

Amy said...

awesome Cath. Love you. Call me sometime. We'll have a good nice long chat. 717-676-5035

Lyndsi said...

Thank you, I needed that.

from a fellow singer/songwritier
Lyndsi Ann Bennion